Optional Items to Compliment Your Cabin :
Roof Covering Options
Our cabin kits all come without any roofing material to weather proof the structure. We offer both felt shingles and EPDM as options, but you are most welcome to find alternatives locally to you.
Selecting this option will provision enough felt shingles to cover the roof with some to spare if laid correctly
Felt shingles are available in four colours - Green / Grey / Red / Black.
Standard packs are 1000mm x 330mm and each pack contains 21 pieces.
Ridge and starter row tiles are 1000mm x 250mm and each pack contains 20 pieces covering up to 20 linear metres to line the roof edge or 12 linear metres of overlapped ridge. Note : Not all colours are available as Ridge and Starter tiles, in which case enough standard shingles will be supplied to use for this purpose.
Felt shingles require a minimum 11 degree roof pitch. It is advised to use an underlay for all pitches between 8 and 11 degrees. It is not advised to use felt shingles on a ptich less than 8 degrees.
- Base - glass-fibre felt
- Improved bitumen modified with SBS polymers
- Basalt sprinkle
- Adhesive, frost-resistant polymeric bitumen bulk
You can see how to fit them on our page, fitting bitumen felt shingles
The EPDM Kit provisions all you need to apply EPDM to your roof including a one piece rubber sheet and glues.
Benefits of EPDM for rubber roofing
- Totally inert and UV stable
- Will not crack or perish
- Environmentally friendly
- Cold applied
- Can be used on a flat roof
- Virtually maintenance free
20 Year Guarantee - Life Expectancy of 50 Years
- Firestone E.P.D.M is a high performing synthetic rubber membrane offering a unique combination of features and benefits.
- Quick and Easy Installation - Available in large sheet sizes anything up to 12.5m x 30m, resulting in fewer field seams and less installation time.
- Superior Weatherability and Durability - Due to its composition, essentially EPDM polymers and carbon black, Firestone EPDM offers unmatched resistance to ozone, UV radiation, and ultimately ageing. Life expectancy of 50+ years !
- High Flexibility and Elongation - Firestone EPDM remains flexible at temperatures down to -45 degrees and can elongate over 300% to accommodate building movements and temperature fluctuations.
- Low Life-cycle Cost - Firestone EPDM requires little or no maintenance. This feature combined with the inherent durability and competitive installed cost of EPDM roofing systems, result in a very low life-cycle cost.
- Environmentally Friendly - Firestone EPDM is an inert material with limited environmental impact during manufacture and use of the product.
Composite Bearer Upgrade
Factory Painted Doors and Windows
Your cabin will arrive in an untreated state. Only the base bearers are pretreated. All external surfaces must be treated with an appropriate wood preserver to ensure longevity of your cabin (and to validate warranty)
Here, we are offering the Barrettine Wood Preserver, a solvent based application that we believe to be one of the better products currently available. You may wish to go into the open market place to source your own, just bear in mind with these products "you get what you pay for" ! Spend a lot less and you'll be needing to re-apply the treatment every year. Go to the other end of the scale and some products quote a 10 year life span before the ned to re-apply. "You pays ya money and takes ya choice" !
We have calculated that this cabin requires 10ltrs to apply 3 coats to the external surfaces.
Features and Highlights
- A high performance, solvent-based exterior wood preservative
- Perfect for use on sheds, fences, decking, summer houses and other garden wood
- Protects timber against wood boring insects, wood rotting fungi and blue stain
- Deep penetrating formula for long lasting protection
- Contains wax and water repellent resins
- Low odour
Barrettine Premier Wood Preserver is ideal for most exterior wood care projects, including sheds, fences, exterior windows and frames, doors, carports, shutters, garden gates and more. This product can be used as a standalone treatment or as a base-coat for a protective exterior wood oil or decking oil.