3 Log Cabin FAQs
As with any significant purchase, it’s important to do your research when looking for log cabins to buy, so you can make sure you’re investing in the right one for you and that you have the space to accommodate it at home or elsewhere.
To help you work out what you need in terms of size, shape, material and so on, here are some commonly asked questions about these types of outbuildings.
- What size log cabin should I go for?
- It depends on what you plan to use the cabin for and where it’s going to go. How much space you have to play around with will dictate the size requirements - so make sure you measure your ground space before you spend any money.
- A good rule of thumb is to choose the biggest size you can that will fit comfortably in the available space, but remember that you should have a clear space around the cabin on all sides for installation and maintenance in the future.
- Can I have electricity running to my cabin?
- The answer is, of course !
- It shouldn’t be hard to get an electrical supply running to the structure but make sure you bring in a qualified electrician to do the work, unless you have the necessary skills and experience to do it yourself.
- Should I install insulation?
- Insulation can prove very useful in these outbuildings, especially if you intend to use them for something like an office or entertainment space, because once your heat source has been installed, you are then better able to maintain a constant temperature.
- This means your heating costs are likely to be reduced.
- Do I need planning permission?
- It is unlikely that you will need planning permission for such structures, but it’s always best to check to avoid any nasty surprises later down the line.
Author - Martin Corby
Posted - 18 Jan 2021
© Copyright 2001 - 2021 Garden Adventure Ltd