Planning Permission :
It is our understanding that the following are issues concerning planning permission:
- The Cabin should be more than 5 metres from the main dwelling and up to 50% of the remaining garden can be utilised with this type of building.
- The roof line to be lower than 4metres, if a pitched roof
- Overall height from ground level to ridge must not exceed more than 2.5 metres within a 2 metre range of any boundary. A building with overall height exceeding 2.5 mtrs in height and placed within 2 mtrs of any boundary will require planning permission.
- Height of the eaves must not exceed 2.5 mtrs
- No verandas higher than 30cms from ground level.
Other Restrictions :
- Covenants may exist to restrict siting of a Cabin.
- If you are in a conservation area or a listed property it is best to check with your Local Authority
If there's any doubt, you should contact your local planning authority before you begin work.
Disclaimer: this is an introductory guide and is not a definitive source of legal information.
NOTE: This guidance relates to the planning regime for England. Policy in Wales may differ. If in doubt contact your Local Planning Authority.
Our professional quality felt shingles can be supplied as a stand alone product. You don't need to buy a building from us to benefit from their superior quality.Take a look .....
Made to order bespoke or customised log cabins to compliment your garden making you the envy of your friends and family! Find out more.......Take a look .....