Planning Permission :
It is our understanding that the following are issues concerning planning permission:
- The Cabin should be more than 5 metres from the main dwelling and up to 50% of the remaining garden can be utilised with this type of building.
- The roof line to be lower than 4metres, if a pitched roof
- Overall height from ground level to ridge must not exceed more than 2.5 metres within a 2 metre range of any boundary. A building with overall height exceeding 2.5 mtrs in height and placed within 2 mtrs of any boundary will require planning permission.
- Height of the eaves must not exceed 2.5 mtrs
- No verandas higher than 30cms from ground level.
Other Restrictions :
- Covenants may exist to restrict siting of a Cabin.
- If you are in a conservation area or a listed property it is best to check with your Local Authority
Use the Planning, A Guide for Householders and the Planning Permission for Outbuildings to assist your enquiries.
If there's any doubt, you should contact your local planning authority before you begin work.
Disclaimer: this is an introductory guide and is not a definitive source of legal information.
NOTE: This guidance relates to the planning regime for England. Policy in Wales may differ. If in doubt contact your Local Planning Authority.
Our professional quality felt shingles can be supplied as a stand alone product. You don't need to buy a building from us to benefit from their superior quality.
Take a look .....
Made to order bespoke or customised log cabins to compliment your garden making you the envy of your friends and family! Find out more.......
Take a look .....
We offer a full installation service by trained and experienced fitters. Have your cabin installed by a professional team for less than you think.
Take a look .....
SHOW LIVE CHAT
Why Use Garden Adventure
It's a good question and one we would ask of a Company if looking for a suitable supplier of goods for ourselves. Established in 2001 our longevity in a competitive sector suggests we must be getting something right, but that's not good enough - not to just get an element of the service correct. We want to be the best supplier of Garden Log Cabins in the UK by offering :
- A service that excels
- A product that exceeds expectations and suits requirements
- All at a price that is fair and competitive
Our feedback would suggest that we do get it right more often than not in all the above areas and when it does go wrong (and very occasionally it does, usually due to circumstance out of our direct control) we endeavour to get things back on track at their earliest opportunity.
Would you like to know more ? - Please, call the office and speak to us, we will be pleased to hear from you !
Once your cabin is ordered it will be scheduled into production with the factory. Each Friday, we despatch an articulated lorry from Vilnius, Lithuania across Europe to our UK warehouse in Colchester, Essex. The road trip leaving on a Friday usually arrives into the UK the following Wednesday. From here, our hauliers arrange their delivery schedule around the UK, which can sometimes be up to a further 10 days depending on your location.
Current production lead time is 3-4 weeks as at Wednesday 28 January
If you have a particular target delivery date, please advise this at point of order so that we can do our best to achieve your delivery aspirations
?? Help Options ??
We like to offer as much assistance as possible to existing and new customers. Please use the option that best suits you. Our knowledge base has been built up over many years of supply and install, you may well find an answer to your questions there, otherwise by all means, call, email, text, chat - the choice is yours. We will be be pleased to assist